UK Dufour Association Invitation to the East Coast Rally '16

Onderstaande bericht is van Scott Millar, Scott is betrokken bij de Dufour Association in het Verenigd Koninkrijk. Ik plaats het bericht op zijn verzoek :slight_smile:

The East Coast Rally this year will take place on Saturday July 2nd and it will take the form of a Bar-BQ to be held at The Lodge which is located on the banks of the River Deben. All Dufour Association members are most welcome to attend and a special invitation is extended to Dufour owners from The Netherlands.

The River Deben is considered to be one of the most scenic rivers on the UK East Coast. For those coming by boat a check of the following website is recommended as the entrance can be challenging ([url]http://www.debenestuarypilot.co.uk/maps.html[/url]). The river is buoyed to the Tide Mill Marina and beyond to The granary Yacht Haven. I normally try to time my arrival at the river mouth between half and two thirds on the rising tide so as to get up all 10 miles of the river with the flood and arrive at my mini- Harbour (Scotsman’s Creek) at the top of the tide. I have room for one visiting yacht in my harbour if anyone is interested.

Our elected spot for the Bar-B-Q - just to the right of the picture below -it is about 1 mile upriver from The Tide Mill Marina and can be found by following the river side walkway which passes through The Granary en route. Follow the path and then over the road bridge shown below.

Scott Millar

dufuk.jpg

For those coming by car – The Lodge is the only property with the post code IP12 3DH. I hope to organise parking for about 10 cars.

It will be helpful if you can let me know before end May by e-mail (Scott.Millar9@gmail.com) if you are interested in coming and if by car or boat plus number of crew who will attend with you.